Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sorry, Charlie

I woke up this morning and one of my first thoughts was "sorry, Charlie." Which, of course, got me thinking about "even Steven." I started feeling bad for people with easily rhymable names. This sympathy carried on for a few minutes before I remembered that my name rhymes with Bina, Gina, Rina, Sheena, Xena, etc. Why that was one of my first thoughts, I'm still not sure, but at least my name isn't one of those "is it a guy or a girl" names. Like Randy.

7 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

even though i dont really like my name- sometimes i just appreciate how mainstream it is. there are too many saras in the world to rhyme and make fun of the name and i have yet to hear someone mispronounce the name.

Friday, December 23, 2005 1:36:00 AM  
Blogger null said...

Of course you could be mean-a, then Katrina like nobody I've ever seen-a, lay waste to a marina. Worse than Ike on Tina after he drinks whiskey from a cantina...

...sorry that was awful.

bzwicc

Friday, December 23, 2005 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

Thank Hashem my name doesn't rhyme with anything and therefore no one has ever called me any kind of name whatsoever.

[Chester Breaster Polyester Molester Fester Pester]

Friday, December 23, 2005 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

MCAryeh doesn't really rhyme with anything. But in my former life, I got Michael Michael Motorcycle in kindergarten. What I can't figure out is how they knew my middle name was also Michael....

Monday, December 26, 2005 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

hot pink, believe me, neither would I have believed it, if people hadn't stumbled over them, one at a time...

And it's a wonder why "Michael" and "motorcycle" were rhymed, when it could have been bicycle, icicle, etc. And also, being called Michael, Michael Motorcycle doesn't mean anything. It's just a rhyme. Whereas my nicknames...oy.

Monday, December 26, 2005 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My uncle used to call me "Ian the meAn machIne" (roll it around on the tounge until it rhymes...there you go). Also Ian MacBeAN(again, roll it around). A lot of people try to shorten my name which I don't get. Its only two syllables and the first two letters are vowels!

Adam Murray makes a good point, it easily could be pronounced like a "Baaastin dinaah" Have you ever heard that song "someones in the kitchen with Diiiiiina, someones in the kitchen I know-oh-oh, someones in the kitchen with Diiiiina, strumin' on the old banjo."

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

'course Ian! That is the only song with my name and they don't even pronounce it properly. Go figure...

Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares