Monday, December 26, 2005

Why I Love Having Brothers

I was standing over the stove making latkes when my brother came into the kitchen.
"Deenab, ey poob mi toob ou."
I looked over at him and noticed that he was holding up his tooth.
"I poob my toof out!"
"Oh boy, is it bleeding?"
Head shake.
"Do you have to rinse your mouth out with salt water? Does it hurt?"
"It hurfs. It wasn't realy to come out."
"So why'd you pull it?"
"I was bored."

He turned 12 six days ago. There is no way I would have done something like that six days after my bat-mitzvah. Sometimes I wonder how girls with no brothers manage when they get married. Best of luck, Sara dear. :)

8 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

coolness!!
my own personal shoutout- even though the link didn't work. its allright i think ill be fine- no one ever guesses that i have 4 sisters- they always assume that i have 2 older brothers

Monday, December 26, 2005 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

I've said it before, and I'll undoubtedly say it again..."boys are weird."

Monday, December 26, 2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Amen, Esther.

I went with my friend Miryam who's getting married this week to her apartment to unpack some last minute things. I sat on the couch, looked to my right, and saw two beer steins with their handles turned out on top of the speakers.
"Reason number two," I said, "for why you should never marry a male: They'll decorate your apartment like a hunting lodge." (She had just given the reason number one moments earlier.)
:)

Monday, December 26, 2005 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger null said...

I was once hanging out with my qijskt friend who is like my sister at times, and she had this big brown mark dead center in her forehead. I avoided saying anything about it for the whole night and then finally I asked her. What the qijskt happened to your head? She responded, I burned it with my flattening iron. So don't try to tell me that reckless endangerment of one's own body is just a boy thing. :)

Monday, December 26, 2005 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Just as long as he doesn't poob anything else....what was the #1 reason for not marrying a male? rylfnjhn?

Monday, December 26, 2005 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

HAHA MC, I'll never tell! Not because I'm good at keeping secrets, but because both of them read my blog sometimes. :)

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Lost in Service said...

Not salt water! Milk. Dentists reccomend rinsing your mouth with milk.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 1:46:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Y'know what's funny about that? I was thinking at the time, "why am I telling him to use salt water? If he's bleeding, that's salty and if he has saliva...well, that's salty too..." :)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares