Sunday, December 25, 2005

Deer X-ing...For Real

So there I was driving home tonight, when I noticed a deer x-ing sign. I don't know how many of you are from places north of the city, or places with deer at all, but I have to say--there are some things I just don't get. For those who don't see Deer X-ing signs all the time, here:

Do you see that deer? Is the whole Christmas spirit thing getting to me, or is that thing actually flying? Because I have to say that if deer can fly or leap like that, I really have nothing to worry about. They can easily take a jump-skip over my car. But then, when was the last time you saw a real deer standing on his hind-legs? Yes, another thing: The deer x-ing sign on the Palisades that I passed actually said "Deer X-ing." This sign? They don't label what that deer is supposed to be doing. How is someone who doesn't come to the suburbs often supposed to know that that deer is crossing? Perhaps they'll look at the sign and interpret it to mean "deer dancing," "deer standing," or "deer flying." You never know--that's all I'm saying. Because if you don't know that that deer is "crossing" you really can't tell. I clearly need to go to sleep right now.

4 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

brilliance

Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

The sign is clearly saying "deer rtokyring". Well, either that or "deer flying over your car" is what will happen if you don't slow down...

Monday, December 26, 2005 1:00:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Wow Helen...there are some days when I wonder how much more boring my life would be if I didn't know you. :) That was kwnoe.

Monday, December 26, 2005 5:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deer are profoundly stupid. One morning my dad hit a deer on the Palisades and that night my mom hit another one in Stony Point. My dad actually used to shoot a deer, sometimes even two, every fall and I would help butcher it and we would eat it about once a week all year long. Venison is actually really good. Deer are kosher, but not if you shoot them obviously. I'm really gonna miss it : (

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares