Friday, March 10, 2006

And Then...I Fell

I was in a bit of a rush on my way out of Walgreen’s. Run-walking, I felt my right foot slip. “My other foot will catch me,” I thought, and put it down hard. It didn’t catch me. I went down with a kabam loud enough to warrant a sound bubble in a comic.
“Are you alright?” the guy behind the picture counter asked as I was getting up. I let him know I was fine.
I turned to leave and found myself staring directly back at all the people on the check-out line and the cashiers. Smiling, I started walking.
“Are you okay?” a guy with a broken arm asked.
“Yes, I’m fine. Thank you.”
"Are you fine?” the cashier asked.
“I fall all the time...really, I’m used to this.” Smile, “I’ll be okay.”
Pushing the door open I hear an old lady call to me to be careful.
“Thank you!” I said.

Shabbat Shalom everyone and a Happy 25th Anniversary to my Parents. :)

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares