Thursday, March 02, 2006

Consensus Is Probably Not Even the Right Word

I sat down in the seat nearest the door and opened my book to begin the reading for class. I looked through the table of contents, found the right essay, and got to work. Only thing was that it felt like something was missing. As a matter of fact, something was very much missing.
“We were supposed to write up a reading response for this, weren’t we?” I asked the guy to my right.
“Holy bleep.”
I looked at the girl to his right, since we sit in a circle, and asked her if she had forgotten it, too. Fortunately, she had. The three of us attempted to conspire a plan that would make the teacher forget to collect the papers, but could think of nothing.
By the time we got to the reading, our ongoing argument over who would represent us to the teacher was over and I had lost.
“Professor,” I raised my hand, “I have something to comment on relating to the reading, but not concerning it.”
“Oh, okay. Go on.”
“Prior to class, we found that there is a common consensus among a few students that since we haven’t done an official reading in a while, we just fell out of the loop and forgot to write responses.”
“Ah, well,” She said, “less work for me to do!”
Awesome would work to describe this if she were the kind of teacher who didn’t care about her students doing homework. But she cares a lot about those things. Which is why this was (dum da dum) ridiculously awesome.

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop flirting with your teachers!

Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

You took French with me in 10th grade?

Friday, March 03, 2006 1:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only when u watched mulan in french- thats one of my fave movies

Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares