Monday, February 27, 2006

Every Step You Take, Every Move You Make

I didn't have time to finish reading and critiquing all the essays I needed to do for my 5:35 essay workshop class during Berger’s class. So, the first thing I did when I got to my essay class was thank Gd that my professor wasn’t there yet. The second thing I did was take out the essays I didn’t get to finish.
Near the end of one girl’s essay, she mentions this crazy lady in Godzilla slippers on the 6 train preaching to all on the train from the bible. Rather, from her paraphrased version of the bible (and the Lrd said unto Abraham, “the white man will bring you down” etc.). Annoyed, the writer looked around the train and noticed a chubby white guy who looked about 18 wearing a yarmulke with two Ninja Turtles on it rolling his eyes.
“Ariel!” I called across the room, “this is my friend you wrote about!”
“What?”
“The guy with the Ninja Turtles yarmulke! It’s my friend! And he’s 22! And I was with him when he bought it! Oh, I have to tell him! Did you know he goes to Hunter!”
“Actually, I saw him in the elevator earlier today and was a little weirded out. So then I told him that he’s in my essay and he said, ‘uh...um’ and ran away.”
I didn't want to tell her, but knowing Randy, it was probably an "eh, uh."

1 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

haha- what a hashgacha pratis story!

Monday, February 27, 2006 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares