Monday, April 24, 2006

Halala Means Welcome!

On some days, you wake up extra early to print things for school and end up with a paper-jammed printer and no things for school.
On some days, something accidentally happens at work, costing you lots.
On some days, you leave work early because you're not doing well and end up getting lost in the neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods for an hour before getting to the bridge.
On some days, your printer doesn't work again even after the jam is fixed because the file you were printing was on a cd and the cd's no longer inside so you can't even cancel the print.
On some days, you pass someone you've been wanting to see for a while and they run past you staring in the other direction.
On some days, the train passes through under the grail you're standing on while you're refilling your meter and your skirt billows. Then, in an attempt to make sure it doesn't fly upward, you push it down...only to drop half your quarters over the grail and half your quarters through the grail.
And on some days, you experience all of that.

10 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Sounds like a real pain of a day....
Ok, I know this may sound totally weird, and I prob should just email u directly but my computers not letting me.
So I go to your alma mater, and found a princeton review book of yours (name inside etc) for AP Poli Sci, and as Im taking that AP in about 2 weeks I wanted to know if I could, ahem, have it?!
Write back...I do have a blog which u've visited b4, but as Im not too interested in "getting out there", im keeping this anonymous :)

Monday, April 24, 2006 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Haha! So there's a random comment...
And sure, enjoy the book. Do you have Pavlovich? I bumped into her once in the city, the summer before 12th grade. It was awesome. :)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

ahhh good times in ap poli sci with pavlov. and by good- i mean sleep. anon- enjoy the rest of mhs!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger None available said...

Seems everybody's hitting rough grounds lately. Well, ok, so soft Marilyn Monroe billowing-skirt scenarios.
I hope you feel better, now that winter's over and all.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I'm in Shwartzies class. (Mrs. Shwartz)
Thanks for the book....you just saved me like what 15$ (how much do review books cost?!)!
To sarah- enjoy the rest of mhs , I will def try my hardest, though its kindav hard in the place.
Thanks again!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:00:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Mrs. Schwartz? Was she even teaching when we were there, Sars?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she wasn't teaching then

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

nopesie dopsies- the whole school has gone to pot since we left

Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aint it true

Friday, April 28, 2006 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

No, really I don't think it's gone to pot since we've left, I just think the people who were not really in touch with the student body were given too much decision power. Like, part of the reason I chose the school was because in the literary journal that they put into the folder there was a poem that had the word "hell" in it. And all I could think was, "wow, here's a school so normal that they allow normalcy!" Then comes my time in the school and when I was editor of the literary journal, I was told that my own poem had to be censored. Why? Because it's about a girl running (through Central Park), and the idea of a girl running or the image it conveys is not tznuah. The Reb kept suggesting other words like, "strolling" and "walking" but I ended up just taking the word "running" out. I realized it was superfluous. But still, a girl running was censored! Uch.

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares