Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Kids Kill Driver

Turning onto my street, I noticed about four kids playing ball. Playing ball on my street is a very common pasttime for the kids on my block because since it's a dead end, there are substantially fewer cars than most other streets. As I was nearing them, I watched as they dispersed to opposite sides of the street, anxiously waiting for me to pass. Ignoring their impatient looks, I kept driving as slowly as possible past them. While I was still passing the oldest boy, he got up from the lawn he was standing on and started to walk into the middle of the road, clearly not interested in the fact that I could have run him over with my back wheels. Which is what I was thinking might happen. Which is why when I looked into my rear view mirror and saw him hopping around and holding one foot I nearly had a heart attack. But no, he was just playing a joke. Isn't that adorable?

1 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have reversed straight away to make sure he was ok, and by "accident" run over his other foot to show him not to fuck with you.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares