Thursday, July 06, 2006

Heroes in a Half Shell--Turtle Power! Part Two

Here it is folks, the truth you've been waiting for...

By the way, and I will have to write more about this later, don't Israelis all have the same voice? Men have low voices and women have low, raspy voices. I was talking to my cousin about it when we were in Israel and we figured out that it's because there are some sounds you make in Hebrew that require you to use a different part of your voice (note to self: get sister to explain this to me). When my favorite cousin Menachem was teaching me how to say kitten b'Ivrit, which is "gur" I had a ridiculously hard time getting it until I got my mind around the fact that a gimmel is unlike a "G" and a reish is unlike an "R." You just use different parts of your voice for them and until I learned to start speaking it on a lower note it didn't work. Furthermore, these TMNT sound like they're at least 47 years old. I think I just said everything I have to say about Israeli voices. Oh, and I only wish they'd've gotten the theme song in there.
And for my third edit of this post within the past ten minutes: Now that I've thought about it some more, I've come to the conclusion that there can be nothing cuter than little Israeli kids with curly hair running around and saying, "cowabunga" with their accents and have so decided that I will play old episodes of the TMNT for my kids to keep their English fresh. :)

2 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I was younger I thoughtDina's dad was named after the ninja turtle. Of course when we were a lil older Dina explained to me where the names came from.
Yeah...I was always the smart one.

Friday, July 07, 2006 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger null said...

Shouldn't they be in the chetzi shell?

Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares