Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mazal Tov

I had a baby! No, wait a minute...that one's not mine. He's both my first cousin once removed and adorable. Wishful thinking, I guess.

4 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're getting a little repetitive, Dina. You want a baby? Really?! This is the 21st century - you don't really need a man anymore...

Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dinz do u want a boy or a girl?

Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Perhaps I should explain why I have a blog, Mr. Monseyguy. I enjoy writing. Sometimes, however, I fall into a writer's block and find that I can't produce a single piece of writing. Therefore, I thought it might be wise to keep a journal in which I'd write often so that writing would become such a comfortable habit for me that I would be capable of producing something no matter how blocked my mind may be. But I am very lazy and if the above mentioned reason would be my only for keeping a journal, I'd never write in it or care for it. So I thought that the perfect solution would be to write somewhere where others could read it. This way, I'd feel a certain obligation to put something out and keep this journal up. Which brings me to this blog. I've been keeping this up for over a year and I don't plan on stopping for a while. If you want to read what I write, you're more than welcome to--it's open to the public. If you find my postings repetitive--don't read them. I never give pop quizzes, ask my friends if they've read it recently, or care about how many hits I get daily (which happens not to be too shoddy a number) because I keep this blog for the sake of writing, not for making people hear what I have to say.
I'm sorry if that came out harsher than I meant for it to, as I usually don't respond to comments I don't like, but I just wanted to make my point that comments like yours are not even considered by me as proper critique because you're criticising the wrong aspect of this project.

And Sara, I want an assorted bunch. :)

Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I didn't mean to spark such a long and obviously unhappy response. I meant to say, Dina, that the theme of you wanting a baby has come up in many, many posts. It's clearly a subject on your mind a lot. In an attempt at sly humor, I suggested that you opt for an artificial insemination and cut out the middleman, as it were.

Regardless, I will continue to visit your blog and read your stuff because you have talent and because one never knows when you might write something moderately suggestive or titillating, at which point I will get a perverse thrill from reading a frum girl's writing about something less than 100% kosher. (Cue Hannibal Lecter hiss.)

Also, the writing regularly is a very good idea. Garrison Keillor suggests it to all budding writers. So you don't need to defend the practice or the content of your blog to the likes of me. I'm just enjoying the ride. Sorry I spoke out of turn.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares