Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Who Needs Tahiti When There's Tibet?

I like reading five books at one time, drinking a two or three different drinks per dish, baking while writing, doing my nails while chatting online, and learning how to salsa while listening to reggae. I'm not much of a multi-tasker but I find it easier to accomplish a task when it's not the only thing I have to focus on.
"But you know you can't marry two men," my mother warned me earlier tonight.
Technically, if I move to Tibet, I can--but I know that's not what she meant.

2 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find it hard enought to find one, and you are entertaining thoughts of 2 husbands... maybe even more???
am i missing something?

Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:57:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

It's hard to find one because when there's only one, the standards are higher. This one has to be absolutely perfect in every way or he's not The Right One. If you go with more men, you have less decision making to do.
It's called division of labor. So, say for example, you go out with a great carpenter and you get along but you're afraid that he won't have the capacity to learn with your kids. Marry him AND a talmud chacham. The talmud chacham has a lot of difficulty making money? Marry him AND a lawyer. The lawyer works so many hours that you never see him? That's okay because you already have a carpenter and a talmud chacham to keep you company. And if spending time with your husbands takes too much time, you can marry a chef, a housekeeper, etc. It's the greatest plan in the world.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares