Thursday, January 11, 2007

But I Have a Few Theories

Recently, I've been going to bed at 10:30 or 11:30 and still, with eight hours of sleep, walking around with bags under my eyes. I tried make-up. I tried more sleep. Then I tried baking a cake.
You see, sometimes you're just down and you can't break out of it because you wake up at 6:30 every morning. Then yesterday I was having a bad morning so I didn't want to talk to anyone. I left work early and instead of going straight home, went to Stop & Shop. I bought cocoa powder and Reese's peanut butter and a bar of chocolate. Then I went home and baked a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. My brother kept asking me if he could have a piece before I frosted it, but it doesn't work that way. You can't stack layers without first putting a layer of frosting. I told him no. Then I gave him all the cake I cut off the sides to even it out. He was happy and I felt a lot better after making the cake.
I don't know why baking always makes me feel better, but I have a few theories. One theory is that I'm good at it. When something comes easily to you and you do it well, you always feel better after having done it. Another theory is that it's a quick task. All it takes is 30 minutes and I've accomplished something! And it tastes delicious, too! That's always good because I rarely finish tasks I set out to complete. That's for an essay some other time when I'm not writing in stupid sentences like these.
Another thing that I like doing is wearing clothes that don't match. I don't do it often, but when I do, I do it with vengeance. Today I'm not matching and I feel happy. Perhaps if you're nice about it, I'll let you have a piece of cake.

7 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another theory is that you're a Jewish woman, and you're genetically predisposed toward cooking, baking, and feeding Jewish men. :)

Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

As Dwight would say: false.
True that I am a Jewish woman and true that I enjoy feeding people, but that's it.
Y'know those guys who can't make themselves a sandwich? I can't stand them. Nothing spells "turn-off" like, "could you make me something to eat?" or "I don't know how to make eggs." In other words, I don't go for feeding Jewish men.
Also, I know there's a myth that Jewish women are genetically predisposed toward cooking and baking, etc., but it's not true. As long as misconceptions like that blind people from the truth, girls who don't like working in the kitchen will keep having to hide the truth when they go on dates and girls like I will be underappreciated.
Boy does this comment sound bitter! :)

Friday, January 12, 2007 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Why, why did I write "girls like I" and not "girls like me?"

Friday, January 12, 2007 11:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, girlfriend. (insert snap) My family always insisted that the boys helped clear the table so that it was clear to them that the kitchen wasn't "a girls place." And if my husband is ever hungry, he makes his own sandwich.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like making sandwiches for ppl well only certain types bc i love spreading peanut butter, jam, and cream cheese- so any sandwich involving those spreads i will make for any boy or girl. as per my cooking ability otherwise, im have no problem making something, im just not sure how many ppl will be dying to eat it.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all the loud and proud women on this board, individually, I say, "Dammit, woman! Can't you take a joke!?"

Monday, January 15, 2007 1:19:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Hahahaha

I know, I know, I was just sayin'...

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares