Monday, January 08, 2007

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

I was sitting on my bedroom floor dividing my newly purchased beads into my newly purchased bead organizer (a great investment since I usually end up keeping my beads in baggies) when I put my hand down hard on a curler that I must've forgotten to put back with the other curlers. When the pinching pains in my palm (HAHA!) subsided, it occurred to me that maybe my room was a bit too cluttered with girly things.
Aside from the actual blue and purple design of my room, here's what I have too much of: books, beads, shoe boxes of shoes, clothing, hair products, yarn. When I say "too much of," I don't mean "too many;" I mean that I don't have enough storage spaces to fit these things.
My book collection ranges from Shakespeare and Milton to Didion and Updike, Austen and Wollstonecraft to Sedaris and Bellow, anthologies of famous essays to textbooks on flim-making, and a number of cookbooks in between. Obviously, I would never entertain the thought of getting rid of any of them.
I can't make a million necklaces at once, so until I have more free time those beads are going to occupy two-three shelves of space.
I like my shoes to be in nice shape, so I keep them in their boxes. Unfortunately, there isn't enough room at the bottom of my closet for all the boxes.
The clothing I'm not going to start on because I've already outsourced my coats to the hall closet and my brother's been giving me flak for that.
Recently, I realized that the difference between me and most girls my age is that they look like women and I treat myself like a girl. So I started putting effort into how I look and now my blowdryer, curlers, straightening iron, brushes, and hair products are all over the place.
And the yarn is for all those scarves I've started but never ended up completing.
All I'm saying is that I need an office...preferably one with a vase that replenishes itself with fresh flowers.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares