Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Guten Morgen

I went to bed early last night, readying myself for the 6:20 wake-up I do when I have work. After two weeks off (one for finals, one for vacation), I was afraid I'd oversleep. But by 7:01, I was in my car and listening to the traffic report. By 7:20, I was approching the Tappan Zee. And by 8:02, I had just crossed the Whitestone. I had been listening to the radio the whole drive, but for some reason it wasn't until 8:02 that I happened to be on a station that happened to be saying that since today is being observed as the national mourning day for President Ford there is no mail and the NYSE is closed. I called my father.
"Daddy, today is being observed as a day of mourning so the NYSE is closed. Should I not be going to work?"
"GASP! I'm so sorry that I forgot to tell you! Please don't tell me you're on your way to work."
"I'm on my way to work."
"GASP! I hope you didn't get very far."
"Well, I just crossed over the Whitestone, but I'll turn around at the next exit."
It doesn't matter that I woke early and drove about two hours this morning for no reason; I have a surprise extra day of vacation!

1 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are the best!!! hope you enjoyed the extended vaca!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares