Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Haha, I Forgot a Title

I was driving home one day when 107.1 The Peak started playing a Jack Johnson song I knew the words to, so I naturally sang along. "They say every man needs protection. They say every man must fall..." There was just one thing off. Sometimes I hear a song I hadn't heard in a long time and sing along gingerly, unsure about the words I'm saying and when the tune shifts. If I had known this song, I certainly didn't know it well since it sounded unfamiliar, but surprisingly, I knew all the words. I sat there singing and driving and questioning my sanity. About 1.6 minutes in, I finally realized that I know the words because it's Dylan/The Band. I happen to like Jack Johnson, but I thought his version was too chilled for the song. Another time while driving to or from work, I think what I heard was Trevor Hall's "Life is a Carnival" or Death Cab for Cutie's "Rocking Chair." In other words, I knew something was up.
You see, there is a new album called Endless Highway: Music of The Band and it includes covers by The Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule, Guster, Jakob Dylan, etc. I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy. Another thing about this album is that you can stream it here and that even though my copy hasn't arrived yet, I listened to it online and realized that--dum da dum--the LIVE version of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down was recorded on March 14, 2006 at the Beacon with me in attendance. That's right. Not only is The Allman Brothers Band amazing, but so am I.

Labels: , , ,

2 original thoughts out there

Blogger cbro said...

This is not an original thought just a thanks for listening to The Peak. I work there on Sunday afternoons and also host a New Music Show called NEXT.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Awesome. I love that station.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares