Sunday, September 18, 2005

A 50 Year-Old Woman Wanted a What?

I walked into the gym locker room to change before working out, and there were four ladies in their 40's and 50's having a conversation about baking. One said that she can cook really well, but her baking skills suck. Another said that she loves to bake, but when she bakes she eats it all, so she doesn't. Then they were all telling her that she looks great, so one or two brownies a day won't hurt.

She said, "how about six a day?"

They all laughed.

One said, "I want those brownies you can get in Jamaica."

They all looked at her. Then they all laughed.

As I was leaving the locker room, I heard one of them behind me, "What is this--you want to go back to college?" And I smiled to myself.

6 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's because baking is a science. while with cooking, you can sort of just throw things in until it tastes good.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where these women closthed at the time of this discussion? I only ask because men of the same age(and often quite a bit older too) sit around in locker rooms stark naked and chat. I have no problem with guys who know each other hanging out naked, but when fat old men I don't know are pausing between bathing suit and tighty-whiteys and blinding me with their hideous genitals it can be irritating.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will they be serving those at the next hillel-philosophy club event?

Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:15:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Yeah, Tova, that's what the woman was saying.

Ian--ughs! I think maybe one or two wasn't fully dressed. But they weren't so bad looking and I wasn't looking at them enough (I don't really find changing older women appealing).

Mir--who knows? :)

Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew that, and i don't bake... or cook.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

sounds like the makin's for some good fiction...

Monday, September 19, 2005 2:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares