Sunday, September 04, 2005

Glasses are Cool

When I was in second or third grade, I lied to the school nurse by pretending I couldn't read the eye-chart. I thought glasses were cool and I wanted. She wrote me out a note that my mother had to take me to the optometrist. Once at the eye doctor, I realized that if I did in fact get glasses that I knew I didn't need...well, bad things might go down. That was when I chickened out and revealed my perfect vision.

My vision's deteriorated since, but not by much. I got glasses for the board in class and for movies now. But last night I was using them for the computer and misplaced them before going to sleep. I couldn't find them today and didn't think it was a big deal. It was, however, a big deal.

Driving home from a friend's bar-be-que tonight, I could barely see. Luckily, I already know all the signs I need, so I didn't have to read any. But it was not fun. I almost cried; I needed my glasses. So I think I can officially be called a nerd. I do, apparently, depend on glasses to get by.

1 original thoughts out there

Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

I think it is very cute that you almost cried. Even if you were being dramatic in your writing, it warmed me reading your words. -Zoe

PS - I hope you found your glasses.

Monday, September 12, 2005 12:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares