Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Missive Monkey At It Again


Facebook changed itself a bit. I think they tried making it look more professional in case they go public. Anyway, one of the things they fixed was The Wall. At the bottom right of everyone's profile there would be a "wall," an empty space where any friend could write anything. Now it's just...just...UGH! I hate it now! So, in my "missive monkey"* style, I wrote them a letter:

Hi,

I would like to suggest that you either change the walls back to the way they were or give people the option of choosing which wall they want; the old one or the new one. The new wall, in one word, sucks. It is no longer a wall. It is a gallery. The old wall was like a wall, or bulletin board. People wrote messages to the wall's owner, messages about the wall's owner, and just general nonsensical responses to what other people wrote. Now the wall has turned in its fun and freshness for the same boredom as other sites such as Friendster.

I want the real thing back and I'm sure many people would agree.

Thank you,
Dina P.

All those in favor of the old wall and want it back, SEND LETTERS!

*This is Randy's nickname for me sometimes.

9 original thoughts out there

Blogger George said...

A choice between old and new facebook wall would be nice

Thursday, September 01, 2005 2:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the new wall sucks.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew you had your own blog?? Crap, now I have another thing to read...

Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey but you post alot.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the cool people do.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Oooh Elster, are you a fan?

I'm a creative writing major, so I write too! Cool.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a fan. But I do not oscillate. Now that I know you exist as a seperate entity I will keep reading.

As for you, BEG: Your personal site seems too hard to get into so sorry...

Friday, September 02, 2005 9:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah hah. i'm not offened. you need livejournal to read mine, and i have to friend you. i had to do it as i have students who are in high school.

but if you do end up with a livejournal for whatever reason, just leave a message, and i'll add you.

Friday, September 02, 2005 10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If such a day ever comes, you can be sure I will. Of course, it is highly unlikely that such a day will ever come. But I think the picture on the page of your journal (with the chicks with Floyd albums on their backs is pretty cool stuff.

E.

Friday, September 02, 2005 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares