Friday, December 23, 2005

And to Think that I Saw Him on Mulberry Street (just not really Mulberry street)

I got off the bus yesterday at 40th and 9th. Earphones plugged in and Stu on, I was ready for the 28 block and seven avenue trek to school. Walking up an undisclosed street in midtown, I was trying to figure out whether to go to Starbucks near where I was to study or go straight to school and drop a few things off and then go to Starbucks to study.
I looked off into the street for a sign, but there was none. I glanced up at the sky for an answer, and nearly knocked someone over. I looked straight ahead of me figuring that even if there was no answer there, I wouldn't bump into anyone when I noticed the person walking directly toward me. I paused Stu and took out my earphones. The lights dimmed but for the spotlight shining on his face. And then he spoke.
"Dorkinsky!?! What're you doing here?"
That's right...it was Randy.
"What the shenanigans?" I said. "How could I bump into you in the middle of nowhere on the same side of the street right in the middle--we're both walking straight down the middle of the sidewalk! And then we...hahahaha...that's so funny." (I have a tendency to speak in fragments.)
"Yeah, but what are you doing here?"
"Walking to school from the bus. Are you on your way to lunch?"
"On my way back."
Sure, people bump into people they know in the city all the time. But everytime I do it, it makes me feel just a tad bit more cool.

Have a Shabbat Shalom everyone! ...And maybe next week I'll go back to short titles for my posts. :)

2 original thoughts out there

Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I just love that you say "What the shenanigans?" Very 1960's TV Batman & Robin....

Monday, December 26, 2005 12:58:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Shenanigans, Randy and Logan agree, is an awesome word.

If you think I can incorporate my verification in that, you're wrong because I can't even tell what it says. I'm going to have to go with another :)

Monday, December 26, 2005 2:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares