Tuesday, May 16, 2006

This is How I Do School Work

Sometimes the sun gets so strong when it’s setting that if you look straight at it, it hurts your eyes for a moment. But only a moment because then your eyes get used to it and like the way it hurts. Stare at the sun enough and you won’t see anything else. You can look at anything else you want but you won’t see past the greenness of leftover sun. It’s a way to get rid of what you have to do. I recommend it over other forms of neglect because it doesn’t have any medical risks I can think of. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t any, blindness is probably one of them, but I don’t know that so I can’t say. The same way you can stare at something with your sun-bleached eyes and you won’t be able to see it. If you can’t see it, you can’t do it. It must not be there. Stop doing work and stare into the sun. I suggest that you challenge it. Personally, I’d challenge it to a duel to the death. We all know the sun’s too coward to come down here and fight it out anyway. It’s either that or it gets all up in its “responsibility” toward the Earth to take off any time for fun. Silly sun, doesn’t it know that if all you ever do is work you won’t get the work done? Set a number of short-term goals and with each you’ll get closer to your unspoken, unseen goal for the long run. I probably shouldn’t talk, I’m only writing this because I have work to do and don’t want to do it. Or rather, can’t do it. It’s kinda hard to do work when all you see in front of you is a great green blob of leftover sun on your computer screen.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares