Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It Rained Every Time We Tried

As most of you know, my friends Miryam and Doni got married this past winter. This worked out especially well for me because they moved about four minutes from my house (that's driving--by foot it takes 40-something minutes) and I now have one more friend in my hometown than I previously did. Since Doni is still in school, I usually give him a lift Wednesday nights. And so, it is with great pride and throat clearing that I present you with a transcript of tonight's conversation (I hope he doesn't mind...):
Doni: Oh, that's Sotheby's.
Me: Yeah, we went to an auction in high school once.
Doni: Wow. That's the snobbiest thing I ever heard. 'And for our next field trip, we're going to go kick homeless people.'"

4 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

kicking homeless people in the rain... how come im never around for the fun stuff? kicking homeless asians in the rain- halevai!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People who attend auctions at Sotheby's don't kick homeless people. Their valets hire people to clear the homeless out an hour before they (the Sothebites) arrive.

Let's all sing together:

"Is it only a dream that there'll be/
no more turning awaaaaaay..."

Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Actually, more correctly, Anonymous, people who go to Sotheby's wouldn't even know where to find a homeless person. (My friends and I actually left early. It was hard to stomach that kind of money spending.)

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to look for a homeless person in NYC, Brownsville. They're there. But the wealthy make sure their immediate surroundings are "free of unsavory types" before they go anyplace.

Monday, May 15, 2006 2:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares