Tuesday, May 02, 2006

She'd Stand so Regally with Royal Graaaace

I thought that if I'd ignore the song stuck in my head it would go away. So all day yesterday, I tried humming other songs. I put the radio on loud enough to distract my head from the song that was plaguing it. I listened to my iPod even while doing school work. But no matter what I did, the minute the music was off, I'd hear it again. I went to sleep singing it to myself. I woke up singing it.
So now, in an attempt to rid my mind of this evil song, I will write it out word for word in hopes that once it has a new home, it will leave me alone.
And so I begin...
I used to think my mother was the Shabbos queen
She'd stand so regally with royal graaaace
And whisper to the King of the universe
--HASHEM--
In her very special waaay
Behiiiiiiiiiiind her covered faaaaaaace!
I know that she's not asking Him for diamonds
My noble mother doesn't ask for goooooooold
She's asking Him for me to study all the Torah's waaaaaays and to let her eyes behoooold
The joooooy as I grow oooold
Oh-oh-when I grow up,
No matter what life brings,
Hashem will give me the strength I need to handle it
And I will walk by the lights
Of a thousand Friday nights
And the teffilos of my mother
Who always
Had her
Candles lit!

The end! Yay! Hopefully, I will now be able to return to normalcy...

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. theres more to the world then your jewish bubble.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that song, but there is more to it

My mother turns our home into a palace
Her wisdom and her warmth both make it so
She bentches licht and I can hear her tendor feelings speak
Without any voice or words
But the kiss on my cheek

The candles light is gentle and so soft
It smooths away her forheads every crease
And suddenly the troubles of the past week disappear
And all her fears and worries cease
In this moment of peace

Oh and when I grow up
No matter what life brings
Hashem will give me the strength I need to handle it
And I will walk by the lights
Of a thousand Friday nights
And the tefillot of my mother
Who always had her candles lit

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:12:00 AM  
Anonymous tracey said...

who sings this song... where can i listen to this song?

Sunday, November 01, 2009 9:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares