Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Can't Think of An Article of Clothing I Own That Might Be Labeled "Hippie"

Every Tuesday and Thursday, I get to see Steve and Moshe before my second class because we all have classes near each other. Tonight's conversation started out regularly enough with Steve asking me (as he does every Tuesday and Thursday) if I was having a date later that night.
"No, no date."
"Did you have a date?"
"Um, no."
"Well, you look pretty today," Steve said.
To put things into perspective, Steve's usual commentary on my appearance, when he says anything at all, is along the lines of, "did you gain weight?" Shocked, I thanked him.
"Why do you look so good today?"
"I don't know. But I thought I looked pretty good, too."
"No, you look really good," he said. Then he tried finding an explanation, "Did you lose weight?"
"Wow! And no."
"Oh! You're dressed up."
"I'm not dressed up."
"Well, you don't look like a dirty hippie today like you usually do."
I'm sure those who know me are laughing... :)

1 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sholom said...

Long flowy skirts tend to invite accusations of hippiedom.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 5:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares