Monday, October 30, 2006

It's Like Being in Brobdingnag

My cousin's daughter and I were sitting on the steps at my aunt's house munching our way through some taffies when we heard my uncle and grandfather's voices from the top of the stairs. Dalya looked at me and I looked at her and she shouted, "get up so they don't walk on us!!!" The two of us jumped up immediately and waited in the hall until the men had passed. It's been a while since I was 3'3"* and I can't quite remember the alarm felt in situations where I might not have been seen by big people. What I do remember, though, was being eye-level with most adults' tush-level for about 6 years of my life. You see, people think that little kids like being carried because they tire easily, but the truth is that it's because of the view. I don't have any idea where I'm going with this.


*I actually know that she is that exact height because we were playing with the tape measure when she came over to my house later that day.

1 original thoughts out there

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Hahahahaha! I love you, Helen!

Monday, October 30, 2006 9:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares