Friday, December 15, 2006

I Swiveled My Ankle

Sometimes a person will say something so completely and totally over the line that the well-known but invisible line is not even visible. Just moments ago, I got into the elevator at the lobby and joined the 50-something year-old man carrying boxes who was already in it.
"Wow! Nice boots! Lemme see those."
Yes. He said, "wow" and "lemme see those" with regard to my boots. I swiveled my ankle in compliance.
"Those are some boots!" He said and then wished me a nice weekend and happy holidays when he got out.
I'm sorry, is this normal?

5 original thoughts out there

Blogger Adam Murray said...

Maybe he really likes boots??

He may have been carrying boxes, but who knows what his job is?? he could be a designer, an illustrator or hell, he maybe a delivery man for all i know.

What I do know is he obviously appreciates good design and is vocal and enthusiastic about it.

He wasn't being creepy was he?? He seemed nice in your blog, but if he made you feel uncomfortable, then that's not cool at all.

Shabbot Shalom!!
(I said that right, yes??)

Friday, December 15, 2006 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Yes, you said it right!

And...he was friendly, but I was weirded out.

Friday, December 15, 2006 3:54:00 PM  
Anonymous sara said...

what boots were they-im o the lookout for new ones

Sunday, December 17, 2006 2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous iju said...

are u sure he said booTs?

Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

He pointed at them...

Monday, December 18, 2006 6:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares