Thursday, February 01, 2007

"You Can Call Me"

I woke up this morning in a panic that I had overslept and was late. I sat up in the tight and twisted sleeping bag my cousin lent me (which I had on top of an air mattress) and panicked. I was too sleepy to think about where I was or what time it was, but as I was unzipping the sleeping bag, I had a sense that something was wrong. Everyone was still sleeping. Didn't Zahava say her roommate wakes up at 5:46? 6:46? I checked my phone to find that it was only 4:26.
The next time I woke up, I jumped out of bed to wash up because my cousin had warned me that one of her roommates wakes up at 7:15 and she has a long morning ritual that extends to 7:30, so for those 15 minutes I won't be able to use the bathroom. While getting my stuff together, Zahava woke up to ask the time. 6:07, I told her. It wasn't until I was brushing my teeth that I realized it was 6:07 and not 7:07.
Another weird thing about last night is that my phone shows two missed calls in the 2am hour from different 914 numbers. The calls are three minutes apart and one of the callers left a message. The guy who left the message had an accent, so I can't tell if he's saying "Dina" or "Diyanna" but the message sounds like this: "Dina, it's the bus driver, I'm waiting here outside. You can call me."

Labels: , ,

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares