Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Now I Have to Go Iron

The recipe said it makes 12 mini-muffins. I need approximately 144 mini-muffins for Purim. Approximately because I only have 10 people to give them to, but I like having just-in-case extras. So, on my first round, I figured I'd quadruple the recipe. Bang out four batches at once and only have to make them two more times. As it turns out though, the recipe's "mini" and my "mini" are completely off. So completely off that I have been working over the oven for the past two and a half hours just putting trays of batter in and taking batches of muffins out. Thankfully, I don't have to make anymore. Of course, I also realized while baking that there were many simpler options I could have done for my shalach manot. I could have made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on white bread without the crusts and given them out in paper bags with an apple and a drink box. Another alternative would have been Jell-o made in a mold and presented on a plate. Simple. All simple options--none of which I did.
The moral of my story is that sometimes you intend to spend a short while doing a task and in the end, find yourself spending all afternoon eating batter and cream cheese.

Labels: ,

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm... i absolutely love muffins!

Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm... i absolutely love muffins!

Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Well, if you give me shalach manot, I'll give you.

Thursday, March 01, 2007 4:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares