Friday, March 02, 2007

A Little Known Fact About Chaya is that My Brother Used to Call Her "Cool Dude". . . When We Were Awkward 9th Graders

Once upon a time, I went into the city to meet a friend who was going to look at rings. She was getting engaged and her then-future fiance wanted her to get a sense of what she liked and what looked good on her. To be honest, I didn't even try on a single ring (okay, I tried on one and it looked terribly large and I took it right off) and the only thing I did was measure my ring size because that's just a convenient thing to know. So my highlight was when one of the diamond guys complimented me on the ring I got for $10 at the Nyack Street Fair.
Later that day, my friend went back to whence she came and I went out on a date. Before going on the date, I decided that, "I went ring shopping!" was possibly one of the scariest things a girl could tell a date, so I stuck with a, "my friend had some errands to do." Which was true. It was an errand. Then a friend and I were trying to think of a list of the no-nos to say on a date and only, "I'm pregnant" ranked higher than talking about ring shopping. And while I haven't done a QOTD in forever, I think Steve's--"WHAT? I gave up pork for that girl and this is how she repays me?"--response last night to my telling him that Chaya got engaged was priceless.
Have a Shabbat Shalom and Chag Sameach.

Labels: , ,

2 original thoughts out there

Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

Hope you enoyed your shabbas in the Heights.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 1:04:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Oh...um...hi? Uh...were you at our meal? There were so many people it's possible I missed you.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 1:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares