Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ooh, Ooh, Can I Be Rainy Day Woman #35?

The rain was coming down hard but I didn't really mind because I had an umbrella. It would have been nice to be in rain boots, but I left those at home and had to make do with what I had at the apartment. Plus, we always used jellies for the pool so it wasn't that bad. And they could be washed off and dried, something I planned to do as soon as I'd get to the offive. Nearing the offive, I crossed the street. This was a careful one step at a time kind of day because the rain kept making the inside of my jellies slippery. I wasn't at risk of slipping on the sidewalk; I was at risk of slipping clear out of my shoes. Which I did when trying to get from the street onto the sidewalk. Putting one foot firmly on the sidewalk, I lifted the other and realized the ease with which it happened was too smooth. My shoe was still sitting in the puddle that gathered against the wall of the sidewalk. I turned around to get a better look at the situation and found myself making straight eye contact with a very attractive laughing 20-something guy. He was standing in the street about a foot behind my swimming shoe waiting for me to figure out what to do. I leaned down and slipped my foot into the shoe, still keeping eye-contact. (No really, he was very cute.)
"Well, at least your shoes are plastic!"
"That's why I've got them!" I said and walked down the rest of the block wondering why at 22 I still can't make myself seem cool.

Labels: , , ,

4 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean you still can't make yourself seem cool? Just the fact that you have jellies is cool.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Aw, you're the best friend ever!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u sound pretty cool to me

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I thought he would have reached into the water, pulled out the "glass slipper," and placed it on your foot a la Cinderella!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares