Monday, September 26, 2005

On a Scale of Weirdness, These Dreams Don't Rank Very High in Comparison to My Others

I'm not quite sure what to make of last night's dreams.

First, I was hiking in snowy mountains with Ian. Then we bumped into a guy I had a crush on in eighth grade. He showed me a picture of himself with a friend from when they climbed Mt. Everest. And I didn't doubt that he was speaking truth for a second, because that's just me. I believe everything. I'm still not sure if he really did or not. The dream went on, but I can't remember.

My other dream was situated at first in the kids' bathroom in my house. My brother was sitting on the floor near the sink, reading the paper. I was given these huge pills to take for my "role." Apparently, I was in a film and these pills looked like those Flintstones vitamins (remember those?) only they were the size of my palm. I had to bite them. They were supposed to give me oral herpes. (Perhaps from last night's conversation with Doni..."you know what doesn't make a good wedding present?" "what?" "herpes.") I took three and they made me throw-up a little, but I was at the sink and I threw up into the sink. Then I saw what the pills were for and I didn't want to take them because then I'd always have herpes. So then I was reading a book (I think my brother disappeared) and then I asked these two people who were supposedly my parents but they weren't cause they were also scientists and the woman said that I was given dead herpes, so I'll only get it this once. But I wasn't happy.
Then we were standing out in the rain outside of this mansion and we were interviewing a Hillel rabbi, I think. Michele was there. She said that the last time, the director made them purchase a Mishnah and it was an expense they couldn't afford. Blah blah blah.

A shtickle weird, I think.

6 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The juxtaposition of adulthood and youth in one image... nostalgia injected along witha dose of a newspaper, a very adult item."
Dina's still a kid. She's younger than me.

"The pills are obviously a way of visualizing public opinion, standards and norms. Most of which you have a hard time accepting (vomiting)because you are different and non-conformist in a passive way. Though it is through people representative of logic (your "parents") you realize that once in a while you have to accept these norms and/or societal standards in order to properly conduct yourself in the world."
HA HA HA HA HA Sorry if that was mean, but do you even know Dina?

"You like a guy named Hillel and Rain, and you don't want to give up too much of secular culture/life for your religion."
Dina's the Hillel Rabbi.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

You know the difference between love and herpes?

Herpes lasts forever.

All right, old joke but had to tell it.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Who did you get in Flinstones vitamins? Was it BamBam, Wilma & Dino?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm good for hiking in the mountains with... ooooh! I have an idea. Dina and I should climb a mountain in Harriman Park along with a Hillel rabbi and Michele. Dina could drive because she lives close by. The rabbi could talk about nature and how beautiful Hashem made it. Michele could get out of the city and wear shoes other than high heals for a change (or she could continue to wear high heals and then it would be funny to watch her try to hike) and I could stand back and be proud of this odd but fascinating spectacle I had created. hmmmmmmmmmmm, I like this idea more and more by the second!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Jewmongous, I thought only Dina's friends read her blog.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elisheva! Haven't seen you comment before. I guess you felt you had to come in defense of Dina ;).
...anyway, I think we should all leave the dream interpretations to the professionals (or to noone at all). as a psych student, and one who did a presentation on dreams and dream interpretations, I (personally) believe that most methods of converting dream material into symbols is mostly BS. I think Aristotle had it right when it comes to dreams; Basically, the only things dreams reveal are those overlooked in the confusion of the day. (Aristotle had lots more to say, but it was mostly criticism of the notion of dreams being prophetic).
Anyway, I really don't wanna get into it (cuz it's a boring topic and I don't wanna pretend to know about somethign that I don't), but a teacher I once had summed up odd dreams by saying that they were like looking through the disorganized pages of a story the cleaning crew had dropped the night before and randomly put back together without knowing which pages go where. Ok, I'm sure you can all tell by now that I have not slept in 2 days, So I'm just gonna stop.
G'night!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares