Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Yi

And so it was yesterday that I had a number of letters, including a "y," while playing Scrabble against Ben. I saw that there was nothing to do but possibly put my "y" down before an "i." I looked the word up.
yi
n : a Loloish language [syn: Lolo, Yi]
Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

"Yi...it's a word. It's a Loloish language."

Thinking that was funny, Ben said that if I could name where they speak this "Loloish language," he'd let me take the points.

I thought for a bit.

"The Loloish language," I pronounced, "is spoken in the Himalayan region."

The two of us laughed and looked it up online. Hence, I can tell you this time with certainty, that the Loloish language is spoken in the Himalayan region.

2 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last time i checked, ur only allowed 2 use the dictionary if u call a challenge. u oughta play by the rules, toots.

OH NO, i commented!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

But RSO, I always chk words up in the dictionary! Even in everyday life! This wasn't for the game...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares