Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I Can't Get Enough Allman!




They played The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down after playing Into the Mystic with Asbury Juke Horns--who were amazing, too!!! The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. Who would have imagined that my favorite band of all time would cover one of my favorite songs of all time from another band? Could it be that Gd just felt bad that I didn't win on-stage seats from the radio (damn you, Gil from Staten Island!) and handed this to me as a gift instead? It just might...it just might. And furthermore, they played Midnight Rider, which they play every time I see them. They opened with Revival. Then came Midnight Rider, Firing Line, Rockin' Horse, Gamblers Roll (didn't know this one), Trouble No More, The Same Thing withAsbury Juke Horns, What the Hell is Going On with Elvin Bishop (didn't know this one), 19 Years Old with Pinetop Perkins and Elvin Bishop (so I'd like to point out to Zahava that it is 19 and not 14), No on To Run With and the encore was Southbound. I missed a bunch of songs in here, but you get the point. That being, of course, that the concert rocked like mad. Have a happy birthday!

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares